Saturday, October 07, 2006

Another oil spill

You may recall that the last time there was an oil spill off Karachi's coast just over three years ago, it was handled about as effectively as a five year-old might handle a Discrete Math exam. We shall wait and see if our port authorities can do any better this time. By the way, in a report on the same issue, Geo news set the record for the longest first sentence ever.

Update: I just randomly clicked on the Geo link and the article doesn't show up. This could be because (a) there's a problem with the article or (b) articles on Geo don't last more than a day. Since this is the first time I have linked to a Geo article, there's no way of knowing for sure. What I do know for sure is that all of you find this update utterly superfluous, since you weren't planning on clicking on the link in the first place.

7 comments:

Asad said...

I find it amusing that you use Discrete Math as an analogy. heh heh.

Farooq said...

Yeah. U sound pretty smart. I bet you got an A in discrete math. You couldnt possibly have gotten a lousy B considering you're the type of dedicated scholar who studies keenly and thoroughly.

Ahsan said...

you sonofabitch it was a b+

Asad said...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no grade point variation between a B+ and B is there? Or a B- for that matter... so in a way, you actually got a B-.

Ahsan said...

yeah asad talk to me about grades. you're on a real firm footing there.

nikhil said...

grossly unneccessary choot, getting a little acrimonious there...

Asad said...

My, my... bitter, bitter Ahsan. After all the moral support I provided your anorexic, Discrete Math OCD, ugly ass. And by the way, if anyone knows about grade variations, its me... so in a way you have a point. But the fact remains, you are still ugly.
Does it seem as if we've lost sight of the issue we're reponding to here?